Wednesday, 24 November 2010
From tomorrow onwards, all blog activity will happen on my official blog over at www.kylewatsonmusic.com (it's where all the cool kids are).
The info, music, mixes ,news, and anything else you can think of - it's all right there on the new site.
It's been real...
Posted by Kyle Watson at 9:35 pm
Tuesday, 23 November 2010
Are you interested in the prospect of my upcoming collaborations?
My thoughts on the direction of the SA dance scene?
My thoughts on 'fidget' house?
My foolproof track?
If you are then follow this link to check out the interview I recently did for the Fat City Big blog. It's the first interview I've done since moving back to South Africa, so if you are keen it's definitely worth a read.
Posted by Kyle Watson at 1:08 pm
Sunday, 21 November 2010
Tuesday, 16 November 2010
This Friday night it's all going down at Tanz Cafe in Fourways after the 30 Seconds To Mars concert.
I'm on at 1:30 to drop some jacking beats, it's definitely going to be worth pulling through for this.
See you there
Posted by Kyle Watson at 1:16 pm
Tuesday, 9 November 2010
Delays Delays Delays...
It's been ages since my last post, things have been manic with the move back to South Africa but I can safely say I am settling in nicely. Look out for my new 2 track EP dropping on Dave Spoon's label Televizion in early December, as well as a remix for Dandy Kid Records.
Gig-wise, make sure you check out my Facebook page for a full gig-list. Now that I'm back, spread the word! Bookings can be made through firstname.lastname@example.org
More free muzak coming soon, I promise it won't be this long again until my next post. Keep a look out for my next mailout which should be going out within the next few weeks.
Take it easy
Posted by Kyle Watson at 9:18 am
Tuesday, 24 August 2010
Check out the latest slice of freshness courtesy of the new South African based label Baboon Tunes.
Their latest offering is a collaborative affair with tracks from the likes of Groove Box, Jack Smith, Cracker Jack, 6T9, Whack Flava, Stereo Skunk and Teke Lips (yes, that's 7 tracks right there, so you can't say you aren't spoilt for choice). My picks are definitely the more tech-fuelled groovers but the EP as a whole definitely showcases what some of the SA producers in this genre are putting out at the moment.
The EP drops soon, but until then you can preview all the tracks here:
1. Groove Box - Brazilian Pigs
2. Jack Smith - Fags
3. Cracker Jack - Samurai Jack
4. 6T9 - Buddha Beat <- RECOMMENDED
5. Whack Flava - Blue Berry Muffins
6. Stereo Skunk - Prison Bird
7. Teke Lips - Ghetto Motel <- RECOMMENDED
Posted by Kyle Watson at 8:34 pm
Sunday, 8 August 2010
I've decided I've been neglecting some of my pages and have vowed to put more time into keeping them up to date.
Check em out:
So if you have any profiles on these sites, follow me!
Posted by Kyle Watson at 10:28 pm
Monday, 2 August 2010
BUY NOW FROM BEATPORT: Kyle Watson - Speaker Juice EP
Sharooz / DJ Fame / MC Flipside / Santiago & Bushido / TJR / Tom EQ / Jeff Doubleu / Fugly / Adam K / Calvertron / WoNK / Chris James / Frederik Mooij / Mark Stent / Wongo / played by Kik FM Australia & Radio Euro
Today welcomed the release of my Speaker Juice EP on Venga Digital and - because I feel generous - I've whacked together a quick 45 minute mixtape with some of the stuff I've been enjoying at the moment.
And if that's not enough, I'm also making the link of my Wiseguys bootleg freely available! Grab all the goodness here:
Kyle Watson - Speaker Juice Sessions (Various Artists):
1. Jacob London - Horses Eat Mostly Grass (Original Mix)
2. Holyboyz - Jazz Box (Original Mix)
3. JHo FM - Funk Bass Energy (Schenk Remix)
4. Kyle Watson - Something Special (Original Mix)
5. Sick Jargon - Just Jack (Hijack Remix)
6. Kyle Watson - Puppies (Original Mix)
7. Campbell - All Aboard (Jeff Doubleu Remix)
8. The Wiseguys - Oohh La La (Kyle Watson Bootleg)
9. SoundDiggers - I've Been Down (Robert Boogert's Up n Down Remix)
10. Kyle Watson - Joopidy (Original Mix)
11. Temple Of Boom - The Definition Of (Kyle Watson Remix)
12. Hijack - Massive (Kyle Watson's Potato Jack Mash-ive Mix)
13. Eric. P - Paranoid (Supabeatz Remix)
14. Asser - Evil (Holyboyz Remix)
15. Kyle Watson - Speaker Juice (Original Mix)
16. Julien Chaptal - Pump (Original Mix)
17. Tom EQ - Carnival (Jeff Doubleu Circus Remix)
The Wiseguys - Oohh La La (Kyle Watson Bootleg)
Posted by Kyle Watson at 9:39 pm
Wednesday, 14 July 2010
Check out this very interesting read on how to reach number one on Beatport, using the Swedish House Mafia's debut release as an example. It demonstrates how you can use free promotional tools to help with your releases and some guidelines to follow to get your tracks out there.
I definitely recommend every artist and label manager to check this out!
Becoming 'One': Anatomy of a #1 hit | Beatportal
Posted by Kyle Watson at 1:12 pm